The stars will align for country music this Summer in Myrtle Beach. The Carolina Country Music Festival kicks off three days of performances on June 10.
Some of the genre’s biggest names will take the stage around 8th Avenue North in Myrtle Beach. It’s a feel-good comeback for an event that has pumped millions of dollars into the local economy since 2015.
Organizers postponed the concert weekend because of the coronavirus pandemic. Past events have led to an influx of $10-12 million each year to Myrtle Beach. Promoters moved the event to September from June 2020, then again to June 2021.
The concert’s four headline acts remained in the plans for the first postponement. They’re still on for 2021: Eric Church, Luke Combs, Jake Owens, and Darius Rucker. More than 30 artists will join them, including Kelsey Ballerini and Michael Ray.
Tickets and parking passes roll over for 2020 ticketholders. Other added perks include:
– Admission to the event 30 minutes earlier than usual
– $20 preloaded on ticketholders’ wristbands
– Eligibility for prizes, such as:
- Aria boots from Wild West Boots
- Carolina Country Music Fest prize packs
- Coors Light prize packs
- Free beer for a year
- Meet and greet opportunity
- Ticket upgrades
- Two-day, three-night Myrtle Beach vacation
- Dan Post Dingo boots from Lebo’s
Combs said he was “bummed” about the postponement in a video on the festival’s Facebook page. “I know y’all are too,” he said. “But we’re keeping everybody safe, and we’re making sure to make the vow to come back.”
Organizers have said they plan to keep a spot open for Grammy winner Joe Diffie. Diffie, also a Grand Old Opry performer, died in March from complications of COVID-19. The festival will honor him during his allotted time.
The Carolina Country Music Fest is one of many events and attractions in the Myrtle Beach area that will debut soon. Others include:
– American Surf Park — It will open in 2022 with an amphitheater and surfing lagoon.
– Funplex Amusement Park — Opening in spring 2021. It will feature seven rides, including Mach Fun, a jet simulator.
– Le Grand Cirque 2.0 — At Broadway at the Beach, this air-conditioned tent will host an acrobatic show June 1-Oct. 3.
Stay at Breakers Resort, an Official Hotel Sponsor, For The Music Fest
You’ll have a fabulous time in your Myrtle Beach stay when you check into Breakers Resort. Located 0.8 miles from the festival, you’ll find spacious, beautiful accommodations. Enjoy plentiful parking and delicious breakfast too. After all the hot music at the festival, come relax poolside or in a hot tub at Breakers Resort. Book your stay today.