Guests at The Breakers Resort have a couple of great dining options without even leaving the premises, with the on-site Rusty Reel Oceanfront Bar & Grill, the brand new Strong Waters Bar, and breakfast at Papa's Restaurant all serving hot food and cold drinks on the oceanfront. But for guests who want to get out and explore the area, there are lots of choices with patio seating in the downtown district and the nearby Broadway at the Beach complex.
In fact, four of the top five hot spots on our list for alfresco dining are within 1.5 miles of The Breakers Resort property, including one of the most popular places in Myrtle Beach located literally next door. The fifth option offers patrons a unique vantage point that's worth the five-mile drive. Here are five of our guests' favorite places for patio dining:
* Bummz Beach Cafe: Located right next door to The Breakers Resort is a small beach house with a big-time reputation for having the best backyard in Myrtle Beach. The outdoor patio deck features both covered seating and cozy beach chairs where you can stretch out in the sun or shade and let your troubles roll away. Bummz serves excellent seafood, salads, sandwiches and burgers, but the liquid refreshments may be the main draw as crowds sip cold beers and frozen drinks while listening to live music and the crashing waves.
* Liberty Brewery & Grill: One of the most popular spots in town is the front porch of this Broadway at the Beach establishment, especially during happy hour. From 4 to 8 p.m. daily, Liberty offers bargain-priced appetizers and $1 off pints of the house-made craft beers on tap, like the award-winning Liberty Lager, Raspberry Wheat and Rocket Red Ale. The picnic tables provide the perfect vantage point for people-watching at Broadway. For a more secluded outdoor table, there is limited seating out back on the lakefront.
* Sea Captain's House: One of the best oceanfront restaurants on the Grand Strand also offers one of the best outdoor patios. Serving fresh local seafood for more than 60 years, the Sea Captain's House allows guests to enjoy alfresco dining while looking out over the body of water where their meal was swimming just a few hours earlier. The Sea Captain's House offers both a covered and an open-air patio so you can take in the salt air and sea breeze in any kind of weather.
* SOHO Rooftop21: Located only one block from The Breakers Resort on 21st Avenue North, the long-running restaurant SOHO has taken things to the next level with its latest venture, Rooftop21. The second-floor, open-air patio deck offers the same excellent dining options, such as sushi and fusion cuisine, and a great view of the downtown district. Happy hour is a popular time for drinks and starters, and Rooftop21 also draws a nice after-hours crowd for a nightcap.
* WaterScapes: So many visitors get caught up in oceanfront dining that they forget about Myrtle Beach's other shoreline — the Intracoastal Waterway. Running parallel to the coast just a few miles inland, the Waterway offers sunset views to the west. WaterScapes offers fine dining on a patio deck, with the Waterway, yachts and Grande Dunes Marina serving as the backdrop.
Outdoor dining is just one of the many things guests at the oceanfront Breakers Myrtle Beach Resort can look forward to on their vacation. From our clean and comfortable oceanfront accommodations to our first-class amenities, convenient location and proven hospitality, The Breakers is the perfect place for you and your family to spend your next beach getaway.