That's especially true for guests at The Breakers Resort, which is located in the heart of the downtown district, directly on the Myrtle Beach oceanfront and right in the middle of many of the freebies. Here are five hot spots for free family fun:
* Beach: Located just steps from your comfortable oceanfront accommodations, the beach is like one big sandbox for kids. Children have vivid imaginations, so something as simple as a bucket and shovel can send them on an all-day adventure of building sandcastles or digging for buried treasure. The cool surf provides the perfect place to cool off and wash off to beat the sticky heat and sand. Older kids can throw Frisbee or kick the soccer ball around, as well as play in the waves or learn to surf. Not only does the beach keep them happy and occupied during the day, but it also tends to put them to bed early that night.
* The Breakers Resort: Our on-site amenities offer endless possibilities for fun for the little ones, including indoor/outdoor pools, a pirate-ship splash pad with water cannons, a lazy river and more. The Breakers Resort Kid’s Club offers a wide range of activities for children, such as arts and crafts projects, beach and pool games, and ice cream parties. For those rainy days and lazy nights, enjoy free and unlimited DVD rentals in your room for a family movie night.
* Boardwalk: The Breakers Resort is located just a few blocks from the northernmost point of the 1.2-mile oceanfront walkway, where the Hot Summer Nights festivities bring free nightly entertainment all summer long. Mondays are dedicated to the little ones with the Kids Carnival, featuring face-painting, inflatable play equipment, games and more, while Wednesdays feature fireworks launched from the nearby Second Avenue Pier. Guests at The Breakers can see them from the beach or their private oceanfront balconies.
* Broadway at the Beach: Located just over a mile from The Breakers, this commercial shopping, dining and entertainment center offers free activities as part of its Summer Nights at Broadway program. Nightly entertainment includes live music and performers such as jugglers, stilt-walkers and comedians, as well as fireworks most Tuesday and Friday nights at 10 p.m. Face-painting, balloon art, drawing contests, fashion shows and mascot meet-and-greets with princesses and super heroes are among the free activities.
* Sun & Fun Rewards: Visiting all the great attractions Myrtle Beach has to offer can get expensive, but The Breakers helps you stretch your vacation dollars with our Sun & Fun Rewards program, which provides guests with free and discounted admission to some of the hottest attractions in town. Guests staying between June 3 through Sept. 4 receive one free admission to Myrtle Waves water park, free laser tag at Fun Warehouse and free miniature golf at Cancun Lagoon or Mutiny Bay.
The best part of these activities is that not only are they fun for kids, they’re also free. There are also places where kids can play for a only few bucks, like Myrtle Beach State Park or the Children’s Museum of South Carolina — but these five give guests at The Breakers Resort a chance to show the little ones a good time while going extra easy on the family vacation budget.