The old adage "The more, the merrier" is particularly true in Myrtle Beach, South Carolina, where there is plenty of fun to go around for groups of all sizes. Always a popular beach-vacation destination for couples, families and golfers, Myrtle Beach has grown into hot spot for group trips, family reunions, conventions and other events, which together attract 18 million visitors to our shores each year.
With easy beach access, heated indoor and outdoor pools, and on-site restaurants to accommodate large crowds, The Breakers Resort on the Myrtle Beach oceanfront gives guests lots of opportunities for fun group activities right on the resort property. But for groups looking to experience all the great things Myrtle Beach has to offer, here are a few popular attractions for group fun:
* Escape Rooms: Getting locked up in Myrtle Beach might not sound like a lot of fun, but escape rooms have become the latest trend in simulated reality, and they offer large groups the chance to work together to solve a series of riddles and puzzles to get out. Several of these venues have recently opened on the Grand Strand, each with their own unique themes and scripts. Backstage Escape Games at Broadway at the Beach, which is located less than 2 miles from The Breakers Resort, has a high-tech theater setting, while other escape rooms like Break Out, Escape! Myrtle Beach, Myrtle Beach Room Escape and Riddles Escape Room provide puzzles and problems for groups to solve in under an hour.
* Fun Warehouse: This Surfside Beach entertainment center is perfect for groups that include youngsters who have different ideas about fun. A full-sized skating rink with a live DJ offers hours of fun for those who like to lace up the skates, while the two-story, 3,000-square-foot laser tag room gives the more aggressive types a fun and safe venue. A huge arcade, pizza parlor and other youth activities provide the perfect playground on a rainy day.
* Rockin' Jump: Youth groups love this high-tech trampoline park, and even adults can get into the action. Located just a few blocks from The Breakers Resort, Rockin' Jump gives visitors a safe, clean and fun atmosphere where they can literally bounce off the walls. Enjoy the Slam Dunk Zone basketball court, the Ninja Challenge obstacle course, the Vertical Ops rock-climbing wall, the X Beam jousting pit and more - all under one roof. Private party rooms and a pizza parlor create the ultimate place for a birthday party or group outing.
* Ropes Courses/Ziplines: The expression “Go climb a tree” used to be a put-down, but now it’s one of the hottest trends in eco-tourism. Designed to offer outdoor fun, ropes courses are also a great way to create group unity through the cooperation required to complete the challenge. The reward at the end is often a ride on the zipline, providing one last jolt of adrenaline to finish the adventure. Local courses include Go Ape, Radical Ropes, Soar + Explore and more.
* Tours: For a memorable and fun group function on the Grand Strand, try one of the many tours that take visitors to some of the area’s natural and manmade treasures. Boat tours including fishing charters and dolphin-watching tours explore the oceans, rivers and inlets around the Strand, while outfitters like Glass Bottom Kayak Tours allow group gatherings to paddle to barrier islands and scenic backwaters. For groups looking for a more relaxing outing, hop aboard a Carolina Safari Jeep Tour to reach some of the hidden jewels of the Strand.
Groups can make themselves right at home at The Breakers Resort, which offers a wide selection of accommodations, plentiful meeting space and ballrooms, and on-site amenities and dining that will help make your gathering a success.