Where can you find unique, delicious food straight from the craftsmen who dreamed the dish up?
At a Myrtle Beach food truck, you can (And they usually have a cool name for the truck). This area has some fixture favorites and always a new ride or two popping up. Skip the drive-thru and step up to the window instead.
Here are the ones to know about around town.
The Finest Food Trucks on the Grand Strand
If you’re a food-truck fan, we’re preaching to the choir. Come find fare designed by dreamers and made by culinary engineers.
Dollar for dollar, you get humongous portions at Kurbside Katering. They’ve served the Grand Strand for more than 25 years.
- Philly Cheesesteak. Shaved steak, grilled onions American cheese, on an Amoroso roll. Mushrooms, peppers, and jalapenos are optional.
- Shrimp Philly. Shrimp, mushrooms, sweet peppers, and American cheese. Add fries for a small charge.
- Chili Cheese Fries. Fresh and hot, with fine, shredded cheddar, hot chili, and cilantro.
RECOMMENDED: Top it off with Ricciardi’s Italian Ice.
If you’re hosting an event, give this outfit a call. If you want a plateful of quality barbecue, this is also the place.
- Just Shrimp. Made many ways. Ask for a mixed box.
- Barbecue Pork Sandwich. It’ll make you glad you’re in Carolina.
- Barbecue Pork Plate. Get this: It includes chicken bog, baked beans, and slaw.
RECOMMENDED: If you’re in Pawleys Island on your trip, drop in the brick-and-mortar Hog Heaven. (Try the St. Louis-style ribs).
Pure deliciousness and fun. Some food trucks just have it, you know? This is one of those food trucks.
- Buffalo Shrimp Basket. Golden-fried jumbo shrimp, hand-tossed in their Buffalo sauce, served with dill ranch sauce.
- Fish Basket. Served with creamy tartar, cocktail, or remoulade specialty sauce.
- Kowabunga Grouper Sliders. On King’s Hawaiian rolls with creamy remoulade, lettuce, and pickle chips.
RECOMMENDED: Their tacos are righteous, in grouper, Mahi, and shrimp. You can call ahead your order, too.
Benito’s Rolling Oven
When this outfit burst onto the food truck horizon, Myrtle Beach was never the same for awesome pizza.
- Di Carne Pizza. Wood-fired, with bacon, Italian sausage, mozzarella, and pizza sauce.
- Benito’s Lovers. Baby Bella mushrooms, green peppers, homemade pizza sauce, onion, pepperoni, and sausage.
- A delicious diversion. Garlic-olive based, with fresh basil and mozzarella and sliced Roma tomato.
RECOMMENDED: Look for Benito’s at various events on the Grand Strand. They’re everywhere slinging pies.
Their gourmet flatbreads are sizable, but you’re going to want to finish yours because it’s so delicious! Ease into it.
- The Cousins Clubhouse. Check it: Bananas, honey, peanut butter, toasted marshmallows, and rainbow sprinkles. Wow.
- The Tomato Tomah-to. Basil, crushed San Marzano tomatoes, mozzarella, and olive oil.
- The For Heaven’s Steak. Caramelized onions, gorgonzola, mozzarella, rosemary, and sliced New York strip steak.
RECOMMENDED: Enjoy Nina’s Mini Italian Cheesecake. (Even if you’ve just eaten at The Cousins Clubhouse.)
Rock Out Your Grand Strand Getaway at Breakers Resort
We recommend a suite at Breakers Resort for your next beach escape. What a nice place to call home while you’re here, in an excellent location right in the middle of it all. You’ll find a clean room and amazing customer service awaits.