Fun-hungry vacationers have been flocking to Myrtle Beach, South Carolina, for years to play in the original water park - the Atlantic Ocean. But today's generation of beachgoers has even more options for getting wet and wild with a wide variety of water parks on the Grand Strand. In fact, guests at The Breakers Resort have a water park in their backyard.
Whether you want to spend a day zipping down the waterslides, splashing on a natural lake or playing with the little ones on a fun and safe aquatic playground, Myrtle Beach has you covered - in water. Pack up the family and head to the water park of your choice, or simply take an elevator ride to The Breakers Resort's oceanfront patio deck for a splashing good time. Here are some of our guests' favorite water parks and aquatic attractions on the Grand Strand:
* Myrtle Waves: South Carolina's largest water park is also its wildest with more than a dozen waterslides, speed flumes and other aquatic attractions. The latest additions to the Myrtle Waves lineup are the Tsunami, a realistic surf-riding simulator, and the Rockin' Ray, a dual-sided waterslide that forms a funnel of fun. Other popular rides and slides include the Arooba Tooba, Night Flight, Riptide Rockets, Snake Mountain, Super Chute, Thunderbolt Speed Slides and Turbo Twisters. For the less-adventurous and younger guests, Myrtle Waves also features a lazy river, a wave pool and kiddie play stations.
* Shark Wake Park/Aqua Park: The hottest new water park on the Grand Strand is in a more natural setting at the North Myrtle Beach Park and Sports Complex. Located on a 50-acre lake, the Shark Wake Park offers cable-powered wakeboarding and water-skiing for beginners through experts. For those who prefer a more freestyle form of extreme water sports, the new Aqua Park is a floating island of obstacles where patrons can climb and jump into the water, go down waterslides and perform other stunts.
* Splashes Oceanfront Water Park: Family Kingdom is much more than an amusement park. Located just across Ocean Boulevard from the roller coasters and go-karts is the park’s sister attraction, Splashes, the only oceanfront water park on the Grand Strand. Patrons can ride down towering and twisting waterslides and play on the splash pads on the beachfront. Family Kingdom offers discounted dual passes that include all-day water park admission and unlimited-ride armbands.
* Wild Water & Wheels: If you find yourself on the south end of the Strand, check out this dual water park/go-kart racing facility in Surfside Beach. Featuring waterslides, speed flumes, a wave pool, a lazy river and kiddie aquatic attractions, Wild Water & Wheels also offers thrills on the racetrack. Adding to the park's diversity, Wild Water & Wheels also offers bumper boats, putt-putt golf, an arcade and more.
* The Breakers Resort: No need to pack up the family in the car and drive to a water park when you book your vacation plans at The Breakers Resort in the downtown oceanfront district. Occupying a two-block stretch of beachfront, The Breakers offers unprecedented amenities that include some of the best water attractions on the beach. Featuring indoor and outdoor pools, a spacious tanning lawn, and a life-sized pirate ship with water cannons and slides, The Breakers offers something for guests of all ages, including poolside entertainment all summer long. And let’s not forget about the biggest water park in town - the Atlantic Ocean - only steps from all the first-class amenities.
Whether you decide to visit one of the many water parks in town or spend your vacation relaxing at the resort, your family or group can enjoy the best of both worlds by staying and playing at The Breakers Resort.