If one of your New Year's resolutions is to improve your golf game in 2017, there's no better time or place to fine-tune your swing than the spring golf season on the Grand Strand. Featuring more than 80 championship courses within a 60-mile radius of Myrtle Beach, the area provides visiting golfers with a virtual all-you-can-play buffet on the Grand Strand's many award-winning layouts. Factor in all the fun Myrtle Beach has to offer and the luxury of a stay at The Breakers Resort, and you've got a can't-miss opportunity to unwind in the spring sunshine. Here are five reasons to make your plans for a Myrtle Beach golf trip today:
* Location and Accommodations: The Breakers Resort is a favorite for golfers looking for a great place to stay and play. Located on the oceanfront in downtown Myrtle Beach, The Breakers is within walking distance of many of Myrtle Beach's top attractions, shopping, dining and nightlife – and within short driving distances of the Myrtle Beach Boardwalk and Broadway at the Beach. The Breakers also offers a long list of first-class amenities, including indoor/outdoor pool decks, an oceanfront tanning lawn, restaurants, bars, an arcade and more on the resort property. And our clean, comfortable rooms with private balconies overlooking the Atlantic Ocean will have you rested and ready to hit the links.
* Climate: Spring is the ideal time to chase that little white ball around the course and to experience Myrtle Beach. The weather is warm enough for a comfortable round of golf, but not so hot that you work up a sweat or have to deal with the heavier summer crowds. The Atlantic Ocean serves as a moderating factor on local temperatures, as the sea breeze keeps the air cool on warmer days and warm on cooler days. Sure, you may encounter the occasional spring shower, but it only adds to the scenic beauty of the Strand, with blooming azaleas and blossoming wildflowers adorning the courses.
* Courses: Many golfers swear the spring season is the best time of year to play, in part because the courses tend to be in peak condition. Several courses close for the winter to perform regular maintenance and major upgrades, so the layouts are usually at their best before they start seeing an increase in traffic. Courses are also eager to welcome golfers back to the links after a slow off-season, so great deals and warm hospitality are plentiful. Also, the increasingly longer days allow golfers to play 18, 27 and even 36 holes per day.
* Off-course activities: Myrtle Beach is much more than a golf destination, and you and your crew can experience the best of both worlds during a spring visit. Play golf all day and play tourist all night by checking out the area’s outstanding restaurants, nightlife, shopping, theaters and more. The Breakers can help you find even more fun things to do with our Sun & Fun Rewards program, which provides you with free passes to some of Myrtle Beach's top attractions. Oh, and we almost forgot Myrtle Beach's top attraction – the Atlantic Ocean. Take a nice walk on the beach or enjoy drinks at the on-site Rusty Reel Oceanfront Bar & Grill.
* Packages: Taking a golf trip to Myrtle Beach is more affordable than you might think, especially if you take advantage of some great package deals. Offering discounts on accommodations and tees times, The Breakers Resort's golf packages can save golfers big bucks on room rates and greens fees, as well as providing some bonus freebies like free meals, drinks and gift cards worth up to $100. Browse the available package plans for spring, and check out the many ways you can save at http://www.breakers.com/golf-packages/.
It all adds up to a deal too good to pass up or put off. Book your spring golf getaway to Myrtle Beach today, and get ready for a relaxing stay and a great golf vacation at The Breakers Resort!