How many times have you rolled into a new town for a vacation getaway only to find out you should have visited last week, or next week? Fear of missing out, or FOMO as it’s more commonly known, really comes into play when you see pictures posted from a great concert or festival that just happened. You can avoid near-misses like this in Myrtle Beach by making your 2017 travel plans around these special events. Book your stay at the Breakers Resort in downtown Myrtle Beach and you are sure to be close to all the action and enjoy a comfortable retreat. Here are a few dates to circle for your next Grand Strand vacation:
* ACC Women's Basketball Tournament: The Atlantic Coast Conference has opted to hold its annual women's basketball tournament on the Grand Strand at the HTC Center in Conway, March 1-5. Featuring top teams like Duke, North Carolina and Notre Dame, this tourney will feature some of the best players and teams in the nation. Stay in Myrtle Beach and enjoy the ocean view and get a courtside seat to all the hoops action.
* Boat House Summer Sunday Concert Series: many visitors know about these free Sunday shows since they tend to fall on a transition day for vacationers. Take advantage of our discounted rates for Sunday stays and catch one of these entertaining outdoor shows on the Intracoastal Waterway. Patrons stretch out on the tanning lawn and jump in the water to cool off while enjoying quality bands on the outdoor stage. The 2017 schedule has yet to be announced but the shows are held Sunday afternoons from April through Labor Day weekend.
* Carolina Country Music Festival: The Third Annual CCMF looks to be even bigger and better than the past two, which have drawn rave reviews from country music fans and artists. The 2017 headliners include South Carolina's own Darius Rucker, Kenny Chesney and Jason Aldean, as more than 30 bands in all will play on the main stage on the downtown oceanfront. Crowds of more than 30,000 are expected again for the 2017 event, which will be held June 8-11.
* Hot Summer Nights: Head down to the Myrtle Beach Boardwalk for free entertainment all summer long. Featuring a Kids Festival on Mondays, fireworks on Wednesdays, and concerts nearly every other night of the week, there's something going on in the downtown district from June through Labor Day weekend. Be sure to check the upcoming schedule for special events you and your family will not want to miss.
* Run to the Sun Car Show: If you've ever been in town for this annual classic car festival, you've probably thought you stepped back in time. Vintage vehicles and mint-condition muscle cars cruise The Strip to create a scene straight out of the 1950s, and large gatherings allow fans to peek under the hoods of some of their favorite makes and models. The 29th Annual event is set for March 16-18.
* World Amateur Handicap Championship: The world's largest amateur golf tournament is open to aces and hacks alike, and the use of handicap scoring makes it a balanced contest for all, regardless of skill level. More than 3,000 golfers from all over the world competed in the four-day event (Aug. 28- Sept.1), playing on some of the top courses on the Grand Strand by day, and partying at the 19th Hole by night.
The long list of festivals goes on and on, and so does the fun at the Breakers Resort. Enjoy our cozy accommodations, on-site dining, and spacious oceanfront pool deck while you’re not celebrating at the special events, and make your plans to attend today.