The Line Cook is responsible for cooking, prepping and cleaning in a high-volume restaurant, as well as, maintaining an organized work area in compliance with all health code standards. This position contributes to the overall guest satisfaction by preparing and serving high quality food products while adhering to standards for storage and usage.
- Ensures products are stocked as needed
- Maintains cleanliness of kitchen area; prepare products in accordance with proper sanitation and food handling
- Disposes of trash, recycle and cardboard products on a daily basis
- Communicates effectively with customers, co-workers and supervisors
- Prepares and properly garnishes all food orders in the order they are received in accordance with menu specifications set forth by management
- Maintain portion control and rotation of product when preparing
- Label all products of prepped items and rotate product to eliminate waste
- Check all coolers and storage areas for cleanliness, quantity and quality of food products
- Maintain cleanliness and stocking coolers and storage areas, stock items as needed
- Requisition food with necessary approvals according to policy
- Take care of all equipment needed to perform job duties, report any issues immediately to supervisor
- Minimizes safety hazards by following all safety rules and procedures
- Perform all duties and responsibilities in a timely and efficient manner in accordance with established company policies and procedures
- Additional duties as assigned by supervisor and/or manager
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Job Qualifications
- Applicants must have prior kitchen experience in a high volume atmosphere, reliable transportation and a flexible schedule to include weekends and holidays.
- This is a full-time position with benefits including health and dental insurance, paid time off and 401K
We are an equal opportunity employer of all qualified individuals, including minorities, women, veterans & individuals with disabilities. We participate in E-Verify.