The Grounds Supervisor assists in the oversight and maintenance of the property grounds. They ensure that the grounds remain in accordance with the local, state and national codes, as well as, resort and company standards at all times. Assists in the planning, organizing, and developing of the overall operations of the landscaping department. Follows all policies and procedures while constantly striving to protect the assets, guests and associates. Ensures the highest degree of quality guest care is maintained at all times, through prompt and courteous care. Assists in the staffing, scheduling, training and developing other team members.
- The Grounds Supervisor helps plan, organize, and monitor the work of the landscaping team members daily to ensure compliance with our high quality standards, which requires continuous visual inspections of public areas and back of the house areas.
- Communicates effectively, both verbally and in writing, to provide clear direction to team members. Recruits (hires), trains, coaches and counsels maintenance and grounds team members, following company, state, and federal regulations.
- Performs reviews of the grounds team; helps to manage and motivate grounds team in the administration of their duties.
- Assists in development, implementation and management of landscaping programs. Ensures all emergency procedures are trained and implemented.
- Assists in coordinating renovation bidding, defining the cost and scope of the project and overseeing the general contractor and subcontractors to ensure quality work is performed.
- Work with contractors and maintain records on special projects.
- Helps to monitors daily Time and Attendance of staff to prevent any mistakes with payroll and to avoid any over-time for the department.
- Demonstrate positive leadership characteristics, which inspire team members to exceed standards, and promote team empowerment.
- Service metrics responsibility related to areas of control (i.e. – guest service scores and TripAdvisor)
- Knowledge of OSHA and safety standards within the maintenance department.
- Delegate duties and projects with consistent follow up.
- Maintain clean and organized work area.
- Promptly resolves any guest complaints or issues.
- Reports and resolves any unsafe work condition to the Landscaping Manager or Chief Engineer.
- Ensures proper communication within the department by participating in regular meetings with all maintenance team members. Participates with other departments in meetings to discuss property goals and initiatives.
- Effective communicator to team members and management.
- Answer and document all incoming calls from the housekeepers, supervisors, front desk and guests.
- Work with homeowner services, as needed.
- Interrogate and reprogram entry door locks.
- Other duties, as assigned by the Landscaping Manager or Chief Engineer.
- Previous experience managing a team of landscaping associates through motivation, coaching and development.
- The ability to anticipate customer needs, change goals and direction quickly and multitask.
- Proven experience supervising maintenance departments of 5+ associates.
- Capable of using independent judgment/solid decision-making skills.
- Proven comfort and experience to interact effectively with all levels of staff, management, guests, associates, and homeowners, both inside and outside of the organization.
- Activator/self-motivated to accomplish goals, with a strong sense of responsibility.
- Proficiency with general office PC applications (i.e. word processing, spreadsheets, databases).
- Demonstrated sound organizational, coordinating and personal interface skills.
- Demonstrated excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proven job reliability, diligence, dedication and attention to detail.
- IQWare knowledge and experience preferred.
- Due to the cyclical nature of the hospitality business, team members may be required to work varying schedules to reflect the business needs of the resort.
- Education and Formal Training
High school diploma or GED required. College degree preferred with emphasis in Hospitality or 2-3 years in a supervisory or management position.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer of all qualified individuals, including minorities, women, veterans & individuals with disabilities. We participate in E-Verify.