The Director of Loss Prevention patrol the entire premises of the Resort to prevent and detect signs of intrusion or activity that affects the safety and security of people and property. They are responsible for enforcing policy and rules in a guest-friendly manner. Report any serious safety or security concerns to management and the authorities. Record events in writing by completing reports for any incidents, which occur, on the property.
- Supervision and scheduling of Loss Prevention (LP) Officers as deemed necessary by needs of that particular property.
- Providing a safe environment for our guests, co-workers & all who may enter onto our property.
- Ensure all parts of the property are patrolled on a regular basis: Common Areas, Pool Decks, Parking Areas, Food & Beverage, etc.
- Documenting & Investigating any reports of injury, theft, property damage, or any incident of significance.
- Become familiar with CCTV System for surveillance & downloading of video.
- Act as a liaison, with law enforcement agencies, regarding any police related matter on the property.
- Identify any unsafe conditions & ensure they are corrected in a timely fashion.
- Enforce rules that are posted on the property: Pool Hours, Wearing of Wristbands, Parking Locations, Reserving of Lounge Chairs, etc.
- In addition to LP Officers, supervise recreational staff such as Pool Attendants, Life Guards, Bell Staff, and other personnel as directed by the General Manager (GM).
- Update GM, daily, on any incidents that occurred within that period. Urgent matters should require immediate notification, either via phone or email.
- In addition to the above, perform any duties, as instructed, by the General Manager.
- Knowledge of basic security and emergency procedures.
- Skill in both verbal and written communication.
- Skill in observing situations and decision-making.
- Skill in dealing courteously with the public.
- Ability to maintain a calm demeanor and professionalism in stressful situations.
Education and Formal Training
High school diploma or GED required. Previous experience in loss prevention preferred.
Valid driver's license required
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer of all qualified individuals, including minorities, women, veterans & individuals with disabilities. We participate in E-Verify.