We are looking for a hard-working individual that takes pride in maintaining and improving. Someone who is observant, proactive, and familiar with pool maintenance. Able to work early morning shifts, often starting around 5 am.
What You Will Be Doing
- Primary Duties: Operates, repairs, maintains, and cleans mechanical equipment for pool operation including water filtration and chemical purification systems, intake and outlet valves, chemical feeders, pumps, compressors, seals, vacuum equipment, and chlorine metering devices; regulates water temperature and levels; determines and implements preventive maintenance program for pool operation; operates and maintains pool heater system and participates in major repairs; restarts, reflags, and resets the pilot and electrical boiler system and system alarms; ensures non-mechanical pool equipment meets code specifications; coordinates walk-through inspections of pool facilities and takes necessary corrective action; oversees shut down for annual and emergency maintenance procedures; monitors building operations and ensures sanitation codes are met; stores toxic chemicals; sanitizes swim decks and acid-washes pool, decks, gutters, and filters; vacuums pool floors; replaces underwater lights.
- Submits water samples for health department testing; tests and maintains pool chemical levels; tests and services safety equipment; administer first aid, CPR and automated external defibrillation (AED) when necessary; complies with health and safety codes.
- Prepares bid specifications for contracted work; prepares equipment specifications for purchases and bids; oversees and inspects contracted work; prepares and maintains work requests, facility reports, and pool service and other reports.
- Promptly responds to front desk reports of guest problems or concerns, informs the front desk when action is complete.
- Maintains all storage areas, shops and mechanical areas in a clean, safe and secure manner, reporting to the Chief Engineer any corrective actions that need to be taken.
- Keeps Chief Engineer promptly and fully informed of all problems or unusual matters of significance so that prompt corrective action can be taken.
- Perform job duties with a minimum of disruption to the guest.
- Experience in resort maintenance necessary
- Must possess or obtain within one year of appointment a South Carolina Pool Operator's certificate
- Must possess the adequate vision to distinguish colors and shades of color.
- Must have good knowledge of safety, and health codes for public swimming pools; safety procedures for storing, handling, and using toxic chemicals
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time
- Must be able to lift 50+ pounds.
Full-time year-round position. We offer the following benefits to regular full time associates: medical, dental, personal time off, bereavement leave, competitive wages and more....
The Breakers Resort is an equal opportunity employer of all qualified individuals, including minorities, women, veterans & individuals with disabilities. We participate in E-Verify.