Looking for something to do with kids in Myrtle Beach aside from the same-old trip to Broadway at the Beach? Consider an educational, creative and fun trip to the Children’s Museum of South Carolina! It’s located just about a half mile from Breakers Resort, and it’s a great place to take your kids for some serious exploratory playtime.
The Children’s Museum is of South Carolina, which opened in 1994, is dedicated to making education fun and interactive. Thousands of visitors explore and play there every year, both visitors to the area and locals.
Some of the exhibits you might enjoy at the museum include:
• Sea Turtles Dig the Dark, where kids can get a sense of the scope of the giant loggerhead sea turtles that next in South Carolina beaches each summer.
• Kids can also explore the sea on the USS Kids-A-Float and role play as it’s hijacked by pirates! They’ll work out their skills as they measure and make predictions about whether objects will sink or swim.
• Bubble Mania is a place where kids can find out what makes a bubble, even getting to play with bubbles so big kids and parents can get inside.
• Another exhibit kids love is It’s Electric, where you can generate your own power to light up a city. Families work together to build circuits that run motors and lights—a fun way to learn about electricity.
• The Express Yourself Art Center has new activities and crafts every week.
• Flora’s Farmer’s Market, where kids and parents can learn about plants and about the importance of plants in our everyday lives.
• Habitat Habit, an interactive exhibit where kids can explore some of the animals of the grand strand, including tree frogs, a box turtle and anoles that live at the children’s museum.
• Hurricane Simulator, a ride that allows you to experience what 78 mph winds feel like!
One recent reviewer on TripAdvisor wrote, “We were there three hours but I think they could have played all day. They had a blast and on a rainy day it was a not so busy thing to do. Highly recommend it!”
Admission for the children’s museum is $8 per person, with children aged 1 and younger admitted free. Learn more by visiting www.cmskids.org