Are you ready for some football? More importantly, are you ready for some beach time? If your answers are yes and yes, you can do both at The Breakers Resort in Myrtle Beach, South Carolina, without missing a snap. Not only are we located directly on the Atlantic Ocean for easy access to the beach, but our resort and businesses in the vicinity also offer plenty of pigskin-watching opportunities, so you can catch the waves while also catching the games.
In fact, you don't even have to leave the resort to watch the games at the on-site Strong Waters Craft Cocktails & Kitchen, at the on-site Rusty Reel Oceanfront Bar & Grill, or in the comfort of your own Breakers Resort room. But for those die-hard fans who love to be in the middle of the crowd to root for their favorite team, you are in luck. Myrtle Beach is like a melting pot of fans from all over the country, so there's a good chance you will encounter some kindred spirits sporting the same team colors.
There are several popular sports bars located within a short distance of The Breakers, and some not-so-well-known hideaways where you can get your gridiron fix and enjoy plenty of beach time during your fall vacation. Here are some of our guests' favorite spots to watch their favorite teams:
* Broadway Louie's: This Broadway at the Beach hot spot has moved two doors down from its original location, but they took the ball games with them. Featuring wall-to-wall big screen TVs and enthusiastic crowds for the big games, Broadway Louie's provides a stadium-like environment along with a tailgate-style menu. The bar serves more than 20 beers on tap, and the venue includes VIP Skyboxes, an outdoor patio and the Jack Daniel's Lounge. Broadway Louie's is open until 2 a.m. in case your game runs into overtime, and you can always sing the blues with karaoke if your team loses.
* Bummz Beach Cafe: Tucked away next door to The Breakers Resort is a tiny beach house that has been converted into a fun-loving bar and grill. No, it's not a sports bar, per se, but the indoor dining area and bar have lots of TVs tuned to the games, the back patio deck overlooks the scenic oceanfront, and the lawn has plenty of room to relax and take in the sun and ocean breezes.
* Dave & Buster's: You can watch the games on TV and play the games in the arcade at this new, dynamic addition to Broadway at the Beach. Offering a spacious arcade with all the latest video games and sports-themed amusements, Dave & Buster’s enables patrons to play hard before taking a break to watch the big game and enjoy tasty food and beverages. The menu is surprisingly sophisticated for a sports bar, but the favorites are the wings, burgers and other traditional tailgate fare. Purchase an "Eat & Play" card for discounted prices on food, drinks and games.
* Pine Lakes Tavern: For a more laid-back and “locally grown” experience, this sports bar/gastropub provides a fun atmosphere for game day. Featuring big-screen TVs behind the main bar, in the game room and on the outdoor deck overlooking a small lake, Pine Lakes Tavern gives its guests the best of both worlds - a neighborhood bar and grill with friendly folks, and a scenic setting to enjoy an autumn day in the great outdoors. The Sunday food specials and the extensive craft beer selection make this place a touchdown.
* Tilted Kilt: Jokingly referred to as "Scottish Hooters," this national chain of sports bars recently found a new home near Broadway at the Beach on 21st Avenue North, a straight shot of just over 2 miles from The Breakers. This place is like a sports-bar heaven for football fans and golfers who can feast on the pub-themed food and drinks, play pool and other bar games, and flirt with the "Kilt Girls."
Now that you know the play, snap to it and book your fall getaway at The Breakers Resort in Myrtle Beach. Take advantage of our autumn specials, and don't get flagged for delay of game.