Where's the best place for guests at The Breakers Resort to take their children for good times in Myrtle Beach? Nowhere.
That's right. The best place for children to have fun is right under their tiny little feet on the premises of The Breakers. In addition to the many pools and water facilities on the property, The Breakers offers its updated 2016 Kids Club activity list to keep the little ones entertained and to give the parents a much-needed break. Most activities are free, but some arts-and-crafts sessions carry a small fee for supplies. Here's this summer's Kids Club lineup:
* Monday: Start your child’s week off with a game of pool basketball, or take part in arts-and-crafts projects, like painting seashells, decorating a sun visor or making beaded jewelry in The Breakers' air-conditioned Kids Club Room. The highlight of the afternoon is a round of Candy Bingo, where kids can win sweet treats, and the popular Rubber Duck Race, where kids can race their toys around the lazy river to compete for prizes.
* Tuesday: The highlight of the weekly Kids Club activities is the Tuesday-night Kids’ Night Out movie parties. Your child can watch a recently released family-friendly feature cartoon or movie while enjoying pizza, popcorn and drinks in the Kids Club Room. The event is held from 6 to 9 p.m. and gives the grown-ups a chance to have some alone time while the kids have a night of their own. Earlier Tuesday events include a live magic show by the pool and a game of wet-sponge toss. Craft projects include tie-dyeing T-shirts and painting your very own suncatcher.
* Wednesday: Hump day is arts-and-crafts day at The Breakers, with several Kids Club activities geared toward creating and decorating. Children can paint and personalize their own beach buckets, learn how to paint using only toothpicks, decorate a pirate’s treasure chest and paint a picture frame for their very own photo to remember their Myrtle Beach vacation. Kids can cap off the day with a giant game of Twister on the oceanfront lawn.
* Thursday: Ever dream of going on your own treasure hunt at the beach? The Breakers has you covered with a Kids Club Scavenger Hunt on the oceanfront lawn. Participants can follow secret-coded directions to find clues and unearth hidden prizes and buried treasure. The fun continues with a pair of craft projects that allow kids to make their own beach koozie and beaded artwork. Later, they can cool off in the afternoon with a wet and wild game of water-balloon baseball on the oceanfront lawn, followed by the making of marble art butterflies and another game of Rubber Duck Race.
* Friday: Arts-and-crafts enthusiasts will say “T.G.I.F.” thanks to a large number of projects on the Kids Club schedule. The young ones can close out the week by making their very own souvenirs to take home to remember their vacation at The Breakers. Kids can make a personalized water bottle, beach ball and dream catcher, or create a masterpiece using sand art or their own homemade play dough. Your children may have to say goodbye to the staff and friends they've made during the week while taking part in all the Kids Club activities, but they will carry home lots of memories and keepsakes from their vacation.
In addition to all the Kids Club activities, your little ones will love the live shows and karaoke contests by the pool each day, the numerous water amenities and the close proximity to the beach and other area attractions. The adults will love these things, too, especially since the Kids Club gives them a chance to relax while the kids are being entertained. It’s one of the many things that make The Breakers Myrtle Beach Resort your best choice for a fun Myrtle Beach vacation.